Studio Ownership Policy
- Choreography and studio policies remain the intellectual property of TDC and may not be reproduced or sold by any students, parents or staff without permission of the director.
- We are unable to take responsibility for our students before or after their scheduled classes and it is the responsibility of the parent to ensure their child is picked up and dropped off on time. In the case of an emergency or unavoidable delay, please contact the studio immediately to inform us of the situation so we can keep your child calm and safe until they can be collected.
- TDC takes no responsibility for any stolen or misplaced property on the studio premises and we encourage our families to avoid bringing valuable items into the studio where possible.
- In the rare case of a parent or student showing disrespect or defamation to any parent, staff member or student, a meeting will be called immediately and dismissal may be considered at the discretion of the Director. Physical, mental, emotional or cyber bullying by parents, staff or students will not be tolerated and may result in dismissal from the studio
Class Placement Policy
- All class placements are done by teachers and in the best interest of the student. Promotion is determined by virtue of abilities, we will place your child according to:
- dance ability - technical & emotional
- previous training
- age, maturity & social abilities
- It is in the best interest for your child to be placed among other dancers with the same abilities and goals. Therefore all class placements will be assessed and potentially altered during the month of September. For the 2019-20 season, all placements will be finalized by September 27, 2019. Classes are evaluated at the end of each season and are structured the following season as the director sees fit.
- At registration time we will present you with tentative class times. If there is a change in times you will be informed of them.
- Minimum class size is 4 students per class. If enrolment drops below the minimum before December 1, 2019, every attempt will be made to combine classes of a similar level rather than cancelling the class.
- TDC management reserves the right to change teachers or timetabling when necessary at any time throughout the year.
Missed, Cancelled and Re-scheduled Classes Policy
- Classes will be held regularly except where occurring over Christmas or Spring Break.
- In the event a class is cancelled by necessity, a make-up class will be offered.
- There is no refund for missed classes.
Social Media Policy
- When engaging in social media, only respectful, encouraging and positive posts will be tolerated. Any negative posts regarding TDC, it’s dancers, it’s staff or events will result in immediate removal from the school without refund.
- Positive posts are encouraged!
- Please report any negative social media posts to the director.
- Tuition fees are assessed on a yearly basis.
- A $30.00 registration fee per student or $50.00 per family, plus GST will be collected for each student upon enrolment if registered before July 1. After which fees will increase to $50.00 per student and $70.00 per family.
- There are no refunds of registration fees, except in the case that we cannot accommodate you in the appropriate class.
- All prices are subject to 5% GST.
- There will be a $ 35.00 charge on all NSF cheques and NSF automatic withdrawal.
- There are no refunds on dance costumes, competition fees or workshop fees. The only exception would be if a competition or workshop is cancelled and no alternate date is available.
Tuition Cap Policy
- There will be a monthly tuition cap of $600 (+GST) per student, any classes beyond this amount will be free to the student.
- Costumes, extra choreography, competitions or other fees do not apply to this cap.
Monthly Tuition Policy
- A monthly payment plan must be submitted at the time of registration. The following are methods of payment we can accept:
- Automatic withdrawal is available for monthly tuition from personal bank accounts (void cheque or direct deposit form).
- VISA or Mastercard- note that all credit card transactions are subject to a 3% additional charge.
- Post-dated cheques – full year worth of monthly cheques dated the 1st of the month.
- $35 Fee on returned items
- If you wish to withdraw at any time from TDC, one month written notice must be submitted to the Director.
- There will be NO REFUNDS on deposited fees.
- Lack of attendance is not a form of withdrawal.
- A $50.00 withdrawal fee will apply.
- Each choreography class is required to purchase a costume.
- Costume invoices will be issued well in advance.
- Costume prices range from $65.00 to $150.00.
- A costume DEPOSIT invoice will be provided early in October.
- The costume BALANCE invoice will be provided early December.
- Costumes will not be released until invoices are paid in full.
- E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org is available for costume fees.
- Families who do not comply with their fee or costume payment obligations may be charged a late fee, and/or excluded from performances. External debt collection may occur when fees remain overdue and this will be at the expense of the client. Costume expenses are the responsibility of the parent, and costumes will not be issued to students with unpaid class fees.
- Late fees of $5/day will apply.
- There are no refunds on costumes.
- All students must be registered in the discipline in which they choose to compete in, along with any pre requisite classes for that genre.
- When attending competitions, we want to ensure all comments regarding performers and the studio they represent are positive. When performers and their families overhear negative comments or unkind remarks, there can be consequences towards the entire studio.
- When attending competitions, all students and parents are required to represent themselves, as well as the studio, in a positive and professional manner.
- Photography and videotaping is not permitted at any competition.
- Please note that competition fees are set by the festival and that TDC does not have any involvement with competition fees.
- Aside from the competition fees, some competitions also have an admission fee for any patrons attending the competition. This fee is set forth by the company hosting the competition and has no involvement with TDC. This is a cost that is paid at the door and could range from $6.00 to $12.00 per person per day.
- E-Transfer to email@example.com is available for competition fees.
- Late fees of $5/day will apply
Extra Choreography Policy
- Dancers aged 5 years & over are welcome to learn an additional routine(s) outside of regular class time.
- Registrations for solos, duets or extra group routines are accepted via internal studio communication and bulletin board sign-up.
- In order to perform any extra choreography, the student must be enrolled in the class of the genre selected. For example, if they wish to do an Acro solo, the student must be enrolled in Acro and any of the prerequisites for that class.
- **Fees must be paid before or at your first session with the choreographer**
- TDC’s year-end recital dates and times will be confirmed and communicated on a year to year basis.
- A mandatory dress rehearsal will be scheduled.
- The recital is also mandatory.
- All choreography classes will perform a routine in the recital and each student will require a costume for this routine.
- We offer regular communication to update you on all TDC activities.
- Please retain all newsletters, e-mails and this handbook for ongoing reference.
- We provide the majority of our communications via e-mail, our facebook group and lobby postings.
- The studio offers dancer/parent/teacher contact information for internal purposes. Please notify us if you require your parent/guardian telephone, e-mail or mailing address held in confidence.
Studio and Lobby Policy
- No classes (including private lessons) or teachers are to be disturbed unless it is an emergency. Parents are not to approach teachers or students during class and if messages or food/drink/medication needs to be passed on to a student, it must be done with a knock on the door. All parents must wait in the waiting areas or outside of the studios until classes have been dismissed.
- A positive and friendly atmosphere is of the utmost importance at TDC. In order to protect this culture and have the most pleasant experience at the studio, please consider the following points:
- If, throughout the season, you have a question or concern, we are more than happy to help so long as the question or concern is addressed in an appropriate manner. Any concerns are to be dealt with in the privacy of the office in a respectable manner.
- Negative comments, conversation or behaviour in the lobby or lounge will not be tolerated, dance-related or otherwise, in order to keep the environment positive.
- Siblings are welcome in the lobby but we ask that they are mindful of classes that are in session. Only quiet activities will be acceptable. Please no running, screaming or moving furniture. It is the responsibility of the parents to ensure their children in the lobby are behaving appropriately.
- Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle to class. No food, pop or juice is permitted in the studio.